In this webinar, Dr. David Levine of Ariadne Labs shares more about how we might completely reimagine hospital care and make hospitalization in America more equitable for all.
A Tool to Make Hospitalization More Equitable is Now Leveraged at Over 300 U.S. Hospitals
from Rx Foundation’s Power is a Social Determinant of Health series
Session description: Unfortunately hospitals often deliver unsafe, expensive, and inequitable care. Evidence is growing that receiving hospital-level care at home, instead of in the brick-and-mortar hospital, can ameliorate each of these issues. “Home hospital” programs around the country are deploying hospital-level care at home to not only treat an acute illness but also to treat social determinants of health in the most effective place – a patient’s home. A research team at Ariadne Labs is exploring how this approach can be part of addressing some of our most pressing challenges, including rural healthcare, mental health, and care for people experiencing homelessness.
Join Dr. Levine for a conversation about how we might completely reimagine hospital care and make hospitalization in America more equitable for all.
Watch the Recording
- Ariadne Labs Home Hospital – resources, news, events, and more information on Dr. Levine and colleagues’ home hospital work
- Hospital at Home Users Group – dynamic collaborative of Hospital at Home programs around the United States and Canada. We are sharing resources and best practices, working together to expand the reach of our programs, and developing the program and policy standards to inform regulatory and reimbursement policies necessary to spread this hopeful model broadly throughout North America.
- Moving Health Home – a coalition made up of stakeholders working to change federal and state policy to enable the home to be a clinical site of care.
- American Hospital Association’s Hospital-at-Home – a growing repository of resources on hospital-at-home, including case studies and podcast.
Research on Home Hospital
- Acute Hospital Care at Home in the United States: The Early National Experience
- Hospital-Level Care at Home for Acutely Ill Adults in Rural Settings: Proof of Concept
- Scoping and testing rural acute care at home: a simulation analysis
- Rural Perceptions of Acute Care at Home: A Qualitative Analysis
- Implementation of Agile in health care: Methodology for a multi-site home hospital accelerator
David Levine (he/him), MD MPH MA, Director of Home Hospital at Ariadne Labs
David Levine is a practicing general internist and clinician-investigator at Brigham & Women’s Hospital, Ariadne Labs, and Harvard Medical School. He is active in clinical and translational research through a focus on optimizing quality time at home by shifting care home, decentralizing care, digital health technology, and measuring the quality and experience of health care. He is medical director for strategy and innovation for the Brigham & Women’s Home Hospital and co-chair of the Hospital at Home Users Group. The home hospital team at Ariadne studies the scaling of home hospital care and rural home hospital care, among other areas.
Follow-us on social media for the most up-to-date news, resources, and events from the Rx Foundation and its partners.